Each year, BEST Robotics designs a new game centered around a real-world problem. Teams will receive the game details when the competition period begins at Kick-Off six weeks before competition day. Below is an overview of the competition schedule and the different elements of the competition. The 2020 Montgomery BEST Competition will be held on October 23-24.
- Kick-Off Day (10 September 2020 @ ASU)
- Task and detailed requirements revealed. Materials provided.
- Practice Day (11 October 2020 @ Eastdale Mall)
- Four weeks after kickoff. Trial run on the competition field.
- Competition Day (October 23-24, 2020 @ Montgomery Multiplex)
- Head to head competition with up to 24 teams
- Robot Competition – Design, Build, and Drive!
- Engineering Notebook – Document Your Process and Results
- BEST Award Competition – Optional
- Marketing Presentation
- Team Exhibit & Interviews
- Spirit & Sportsmanship
- Other Optional Elements
- Team Apparel
- Team Website
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Package