Each year, BEST Robotics designs a new game centered around a real-world problem. Teams will receive the game details when the competition period begins at Kick-Off six weeks before competition day. Below is an overview of the competition schedule and the different elements of the competition. The 2019 Montgomery BEST Competition will be held on October 18-19.
- Kick-Off Day (5 September 2019 @ ASU)
- Task and detailed requirements revealed. Materials provided.
- Practice Day (6 October 2019 @ Eastdale Mall)
- Four weeks after kickoff. Trial run on the competition field.
- Competition Day (October 18-19, 2019 @ Montgomery Multiplex)
- Head to head competition with up to 24 teams.
- Competition Schedule
#601 Auburn High School
#602 Beulah High School
#604 Alabama School of Fine Arts
#605 Edward Bell Career Technical Center
#606 BTW Magnet High School
#607 Eastwood/Cornerstone Schools
#608 Glenwood School
#609 Holtville Middle & High School
#611 Chambers Academy
#612 Lanett High School
#613 Elmore County High School
#614 Marbury High School
#616 Johnnie R. Carr Middle School
#617 Macon County Career Tech Center
#618 Park Crossing High School
#619 Sidney Lanier High School
#620 Springwood School
#621 Stanhope Elmore High School
#622 Walter T. McKee Middle School
#623 Trinity Christian School
#625 Wetumpka High School
- Robot Competition – Design, Build, and Drive!
- Engineering Notebook – Document Your Process and Results
- BEST Award Competition – Optional
- Marketing Presentation
- Team Exhibit & Interviews
- Spirit & Sportsmanship
- Other Optional Elements
- Team Apparel
- Team Website
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Package