Each year, BEST Robotics designs a new game centered around a real-world problem. Teams will receive the game details when the competition period begins at Kick-Off nine weeks before competition day. Below is an overview of the competition schedule and the different elements of the competition.
Due to COVID-19, the competition period has been lengthened to nine weeks from the normal six weeks and many events have been moved to a virtual format. The 2020 Montgomery BEST Competition will be held on November 14th.
- Kick-Off Day (10 September 2020 – Virtual)
- Task and detailed requirements revealed. Materials provided.
- View the Livestream Recording
- Practice Day (24 October 2020 – Virtual)
- Six weeks after kickoff.
- Competition Day (14 November 2020 – Wetumpka High School)
- Head to head competition
- For health safety, limited team attendence and no spectators allowed on site
- Livestreamed for spectators
- Robot Competition – Design, Build, and Drive!
- Engineering Notebook – Document Your Process and Results
- Critical Design Review
- BEST Award Competition – Optional
- Marketing Presentation
- Team Exhibit & Interviews
- Spirit & Sportsmanship (temporarily removed for 2020 competition)
- Other Optional Elements
- Autonomous Programming Challenge Award
- BESTMania Skills Quiz Award
- Minecraft Challenge Award
- BEST Robot Modeling Award
- BEST Engineering Drawings Award
- BEST Video Design Award
- BEST Website Design Award